jeudi 8 septembre 2011

Kayaking Lake Siskiyou

A couple weeks ago I finally got a nice weekend to just enjoy summer's twilight days, so I headed to the lake. This has been such a late summer that I really haven't had the chance to go nearly as often as I should like, but what can you do. First, J and I decided to go to the North Shore, which is where all the locals usually go. It has a decent beach and the water is lovely. Unfortunately, it's also where all the locals usually go... So while J took the kayak for a spin (he ended up going around the entire lake!), I got to sit and listen to a bunch of fat rednecks (yes, it's rude, but it's also very very true) talk about whose truck is bigger and scream at there children while their dogs ran and pissed all over and they sat smoking their cigarettes and not swimming. Now a lot of the time there are people over there who are perfectly polite and kind and you really don't even notice that they are there (one time this guy even gave us a glass of the champagne that he had brought for his anniversary); today, however, there just happened to be a huge group of the ones who give Americans a bad name the world over.

(That little speck is J)


When J got back, I told him that I was feeling particularly misanthropic and that it would probably be best if we took a quick drive to the other side of the lake. This turned out to be an excellent idea as the only people on that side were two women having *gasp* a conversation that had some semblance of intelligence beneath it. At this point, I finally got to enjoy the lake. The water was clear, cool, and so very refreshing. I paddled over to where all these reeds were growing through the water and just watched the little fishes swimming beneath. Peace! I also got a great shoulder workout out of it and since I have been very lazy the past few weeks about exercising it was a godsend. 

(That little speck is me)



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire