dimanche 4 septembre 2011

Everyone's moving these days

Finally back from a couple days helping a friend of mine move. It was some work, but at least I got a free workout out of it. Her new place is gorgeous out amongst the hills surrounded by peace and quite. And the stars, oh the stars! The Milky Way stretches from horizon to horizon there and standing beneath you feel the awe that our ancestors knew each night. The free range llamas come and hang out under the porch and roll in the sand of the driveway. I have to say that it was good to get out and have some company; lack of human contact out here starts to get to you after a while and I definitely needed a good chat over a cup of coffee. Plus I got some good hints of places and things to do in Germany since she was stationed over there in her military days. Now back to the stress of getting everything ready to go, helping my mom get her life in order (that's a good long ordeal in itself), and trying to enjoy, at least a little, the things that I still want to do while I'm here.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire