mercredi 8 juin 2011

Morel mayhem.


I have admit that I have a bit of a weakness for old fashioned things and the 'days of yore.' I know I know, big surprise that the little Archeaologist (or almost) has a penchant for the past, but I digress. Now, I also tend to have a longstanding love affair with organic foods and living; really if I had the money I would absolutely love to invest more into such things, but on a poor man's budget we can't always live in an ideal world. "Where is this all going?" You might be asking yourself. Well, one of the benefits of living out on the edge of nowhere is that there tends to be a lot of nature around and where there is nature there are delicious little wild things to gather and devour. And apparently out here during the Spring people go mushroom hunting. At the risk of an unwanted psychotropic experience or ya know that whole sickness and death thing, I would never want to do this without a guide or lots of background information so when a friend of mine invited me to go pick morel mushrooms I figured why not. We ended up driving up into the mountains a bit onto the 'desert side' and traipsing through the woods for hours seeking out these tiny brain-like 'shrooms amongst the pine-cones and lava rocks. We ended up having a great time, filling our pores with peace and sunlight and our bags with food. And yes, they were quite delicious.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire