jeudi 28 avril 2011

Accepted!

Wow, what an incredibly emotional day. I woke up this morning a weee (yes with three "e's" because I am a badass like that) bit sleep deprived (forgetting to close the blinds, a malediction on you!) and then henna-ed my hair since it was raining to much too go outside and do any super cool sun-powered things. Besides the fact that I looked like some prehistoric swamp beast recently unleashed to terrorize mankind for a few hours and that the smell of henna is apparently something to be reckoned with, it all in all went well. That isn't really what this blog article is about though since this afternoon I got the good news that I was accepted (after having been waitlisted) to the Académie de Besançon France through the TAPIF program!!! I think the last time I was so happy that I cried was as a child when I found out my dog would be okay after being hit by a car. Well, needless to say I bawled my eyes out upon reading that email. After the long period of unemployment, rejection, just plain bad luck, something has finally happened and honestly it just feels right; it feels like this is the path I am supposed to take. I can't be totally surprised, however, since I've had certain intimations that my luck was changing the past couple of weeks. For example, when I went to take Anna Kerenina to the library to get it renewed and found a copy of it in a free book pile right by the door THEN the same day I saw this:



the best wanted poster of all time. In case you can't tell, this is a sketch of a guy in a ski mask. Enough said. I should have known at that point that good things were coming my way, and yes, in fact they are ;).

Much Love!

2 commentaires:

  1. Just found your blog through the message boards. I was an assistant from 2009-2010 and am moving back to Paris.

    CONGRATS! I think I cried when I found out, too.

    I'm looking to add links to assistant blogs on my website www.filleamericaine.com. Drop me a line if you'd like me to add yours!

    Oh, and if you have any questions about the program I LOVE answering questions. There's so much to share!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for your comment! How exciting that you found a way back to France. I am soo happy that I got into this program; it's been a dream of mine for so long. You can add my blog to your list if you'd like. I will try to stay on the ball with actually writing stuff on here once and a while also. Good luck with your website and new life in France!

    RépondreSupprimer